The Disability Advocacy service is committed to improving the lives and opportunities for people with disability. The service recognises that there is a gap between people living with disability in the Pilbara, and the services available to them for advocacy, advice and support.
The service has a solicitor dedicated to Disability Advocacy. The advocate can assist with any legal issues you, or your carer might be facing, no matter how big or small, such as:
- Discrimination claims
- Preparing or appealing a Disability Support Pension
- Preparing or appealing a Carer Allowance claim
- Advocacy representation for NDIS appeals
- Appointing a Power of Attorney, Guardian to make decisions for you
- Making an advanced health directive
- Eligibility for government benefits
- Representation in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Elder abuse
Click here to view our disability advocacy brochure.
To find out more about our services please contact us or complete our enquiry form and we will contact you.
If you are deaf, have a hearing impairment and/or have a speech impairment, please call the National Relay Service and provide them with our contact number and they will be able to assist you with your call.
If you would like to refer a client to one of our services, please complete an External Referral Form and send to the nearest PCLS office.